Tuesday 1 January 2019

My Reading Goals for 2019

Slow down.

2018 was a frantic reading year.  142 posts vs my next highest year, 2012 with 89.

Short stories added to the post count because I believe they required individual consideration.  But I felt rushed all year long mostly because I would borrow armloads of books from the library which all had to be returned within a short period of time.

I did not have the chance to relax into stories and books as I was always thinking about the next title.


In 2019 I will try to remove the time limit and concentrate on the books that I own.  I have four bookshelves and a dozen boxes filled with work that is just waiting for me to pick up. I will blow the dust off these books and enjoy them without the urge to push through.

I mean to savour my reading.

No comments: