Friday 2 December 2022

Nemesis Games by James S. A. Corey - Book Review 334

 

Book 5.

I have read, or listened to, books 2 through 4 but haven't reviewed them here.

They were all very good.  Book 4 especially rang true with today's examination of colonialism and its terrible legacy.

But this is book 5.  Back in the solar system, the crew of the Rocinante get some well-deserved shore leave. 

The ship is in dry dock at Tycho station getting major repairs done.  Meanwhile Alex, Amos and Naomi all leave to take care of personal matters.

But the world they live in keeps churning.  Somehow everybody winds up in the middle of a solar system catastrophe and each plays a part in dealing with it.

I enjoyed this book very much.  Best of all, after each book, I get to watch a season of the television series.

I've always found stories that break up a team frustrating.  Because teams work best TOGETHER.  However, this was a terrific opportunity for character development and to reset the ground rules. 

What can I say?  I'm all in with this series.  Absolutely terrific stuff.

No comments: