Friday 24 June 2022

Doc Savage: The Devil Genghis by Lester Dent writing as Kenneth Robeson - Book Review #326

 

The Sequel to Fortress of Solitude.  John Sunlight has returned to conquer the world and defeat Doc!

I was happy with this story.  It relied on the reader being familiar with the previous story.  This was the first time an antagonist came back to haunt Doc's team.

I was happy that the other two characters, absent in the previous story, played an important part in this adventure.

I felt like I was reading a James Bond thriller, with all the travelling to distant places.

The story was great fun, especially how I could see the connections from this series to so many of the other franchises that are still around and based on this kind of story telling. 

The Doc Savage books are not terribly hard to find.  They were reproduced in paperbacks in the 1960's, 70's and 80's.  They can be found in used bookstores and on line easily enough.

No comments: