Monday 5 August 2019

The Latte Factor by David Bach and John David Mann - Book Report #276

I am Canadian so I recognized this book for what it is - an American version of The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton who wrote his book in 1989.

It is a narrative about a 27 year old woman working in a high-pressure job at a travel magazine in New York.  She is loaded with debt and is living paycheque to paycheque.  Her boss sends her to speak to Henry the owner of a coffee shop for advice.

Even though I am 54 I still found the message compelling.  Although I won’t have the benefit of decades to grow my money I can still create a much-needed financial cushion from the lessons within the book.

I enjoyed the structure of the book, it felt much more natural than The 5AM Club.  Best of all, the book is less than 150 pages, making for an easy read.

I will say here that I loved the length of the book, it had the effect of distilling the message and focusing the advice.  I like how a limited space removes the need to “fill” the book.


Recommended.

David Bach's website - https://davidbach.com/

David Bach

No comments: