Monday 23 July 2018

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A Heinlein - Book Report #237

This was not what I was expecting.

I mean, come on!  It was published in 1965, in the middle of the Apollo program!

Instead of an adventure story about colonizing the moon, building the infrastructure or mounting some kind of rescue, it was, instead, a handbook on how to mount a revolution.

It was political.

It was rather dull actually.

I know I'm going to get a lot of rolled eyes from those people who are real Heinlein fans.  I suspect he was trying to develop his own kind of libertarian paradise and couldn't make a novel work on Earth.


So yea.  It wasn't for me in the same way that Infomocracy wasn't.

It's not like it was badly written it simply was not a subject that interested me, so I was let down by it.



No comments: