Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Last Days of Dogger City by Mjke Wood

April 2015
17/100

Global warming?  What global warming?  In the future it's a freaking ice age.

Deep in the North Sea is a conglomeration of oil derricks tied together to form a city.  The city no longer produces oil, that's all gone.  Here they produce wind generated electricity and ship it to mainland Europe.

The trouble is; the ice is shifting putting Dogger City in danger.

This was a good, straight forward action piece that I found compelling.  When I read it I envisioned the same types of settings as Aliens 2.  Lots of steel and dim lighting, no monsters though.

I found the story very fun and kept me turning pages.

Well done.

According to the ISFDB this is Wood's third published story.
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?192409









No comments: